Decatur, Georgia

Update by user Nov 29, 2011

Photo on left is how it is supposed to look in clarity.You can see from the photo on the right that the photo is horrible and pixelated (looks blurry and out of focus).

This is how all of the photos turn out.

The photo on the right has been heavily retouched but nothing can bring back clarity.I am so mad about this.

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2011

I am a freelance photographer who purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z5010 Digital 14MP camera a month ago at a local WalMart retail store in my area (Atlanta, GA).

I had been robbed just prior to the purchase and needed a camera to get me through until I was able to purchase all of my equipment back.

I have done three photo shoots with the new camera and have tried every single setting on the camera in an attempt to just get a marginally clear photograph. I am using studio soft box lighting and flash, which even without any change in setting, should produce a clear photo.

Without fail each and every photo is completely pixelated and I have spent days trying to get anything that would resemble a quality photo to give to my customers.

I will have to re-shoot all three clients because frankly I cannot give them the photos from this camera. I have since purchased a $10 disposable camera that takes much clearer photos than the almost $300 camera purchased from Kodak.

I have contacted Kodak for a replacement camera but have been met with no help. I have spoken to two customer service reps who both promised to send information for me to send the camera back in for repair (I don't want it repaired, I want a new camera that works properly) but neither has done as they promised and I have received no information at all.

I am out of $600 for the shoots not to mention money that would have come from selling many photos. Since the photos are so bad, I cannot sell them. I will be out of considerable time and effort to re-shoot three photo shoots.

Review about: Digital Camera Z5010.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Kodak?

Comments

You are a "freelance" photographer and bought a $300 KODAK camera from WALMART???????????Are you KIDDING ME????

SHAME ON YOU for ripping off innocent people with your scam. You should have a PROFESSIONAL camera like Nikon which costs THOUSANDS of dollars. Not a $300 camera. And you are CHARGING people????

Did you go to photography school?

If you had, you would NEVER buy a camera from WALMART.Disgusting If you want to charge people for photos - you need to invest in your business by going to photography school and buying a PROFESSIONAL camera.

ladySaint

This is how all of the photos turn out.