Update added by user Nov 29, 2011
Photo on left is how it is supposed to look in clarity.You can see from the photo on the right that the photo is horrible and pixelated (looks blurry and out of focus).
This is how all of the photos turn out.
The photo on the right has been heavily retouched but nothing can bring back clarity.I am so mad about this.
Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2011
I am a freelance photographer who purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z5010 Digital 14MP camera a month ago at a local WalMart retail store in my area (Atlanta, GA).
I had been robbed just prior to the purchase and needed a camera to get me through until I was able to purchase all of my equipment back.
I have done three photo shoots with the new camera and have tried every single setting on the camera in an attempt to just get a marginally clear photograph. I am using studio soft box lighting and flash, which even without any change in setting, should produce a clear photo.
Without fail each and every photo is completely pixelated and I have spent days trying to get anything that would resemble a quality photo to give to my customers.
I will have to re-shoot all three clients because frankly I cannot give them the photos from this camera. I have since purchased a $10 disposable camera that takes much clearer photos than the almost $300 camera purchased from Kodak.
I have contacted Kodak for a replacement camera but have been met with no help. I have spoken to two customer service reps who both promised to send information for me to send the camera back in for repair (I don't want it repaired, I want a new camera that works properly) but neither has done as they promised and I have received no information at all.
I am out of $600 for the shoots not to mention money that would have come from selling many photos. Since the photos are so bad, I cannot sell them. I will be out of considerable time and effort to re-shoot three photo shoots.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Digital Camera Z5010
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I have bought 3 pair of sketchers this year, and each pair seem to have the same problem., coming apart at the seam that meets the sole. I have only..."
- "Hi, I drove into checkers on Wesley chapel road, atlanta and ordered buffalo wings(5 for $5.99) and what I got is 4 lean mean bone of under-nourished just born chick legs..."
- "Order NO:238148925 I order some fairings back in May after them sending me the wrong color and wrong size for my motorcycle the only I could get a refund was to..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."