Update added by user Nov 29, 2011
Photo on left is how it is supposed to look in clarity.You can see from the photo on the right that the photo is horrible and pixelated (looks blurry and out of focus).
This is how all of the photos turn out.
The photo on the right has been heavily retouched but nothing can bring back clarity.I am so mad about this.
Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2011
I am a freelance photographer who purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z5010 Digital 14MP camera a month ago at a local WalMart retail store in my area (Atlanta, GA).
I had been robbed just prior to the purchase and needed a camera to get me through until I was able to purchase all of my equipment back.
I have done three photo shoots with the new camera and have tried every single setting on the camera in an attempt to just get a marginally clear photograph. I am using studio soft box lighting and flash, which even without any change in setting, should produce a clear photo.
Without fail each and every photo is completely pixelated and I have spent days trying to get anything that would resemble a quality photo to give to my customers.
I will have to re-shoot all three clients because frankly I cannot give them the photos from this camera. I have since purchased a $10 disposable camera that takes much clearer photos than the almost $300 camera purchased from Kodak.
I have contacted Kodak for a replacement camera but have been met with no help. I have spoken to two customer service reps who both promised to send information for me to send the camera back in for repair (I don't want it repaired, I want a new camera that works properly) but neither has done as they promised and I have received no information at all.
I am out of $600 for the shoots not to mention money that would have come from selling many photos. Since the photos are so bad, I cannot sell them. I will be out of considerable time and effort to re-shoot three photo shoots.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Digital Camera Z5010
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "I have bought 3 pair of sketchers this year, and each pair seem to have the same problem., coming apart at the seam that meets the sole. I have only..."
- "Hi, I drove into checkers on Wesley chapel road, atlanta and ordered buffalo wings(5 for $5.99) and what I got is 4 lean mean bone of under-nourished just born chick legs..."
- "Avas Flowers is basically an internet scam. They place false review ratings in their ads and on "paid for" review websites. The real reviews show they have a 2 star..."
- "I have been working for IDC as a high-tech recruiter. IDC is filled with new and latest technology and I learned many new strategies and techniques while working for IDC...."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."